Stuart Anderson – Director of APC
Welcome to the Anderson Performance Clinic. Over the past 18 years I have gained an extensive array of expertise working with elite performers as a physiotherapist, mental performance coach, and healthcare consultant in Canada and internationally. Much of my work has been focused on professional performers, such as:
- The Royal Ballet (London) – Resident Physiotherapist for 5 years at the Royal Opera House and Royal Ballet School
- Cirque du Soleil (6 different shows and Headquarters)
- Kings of Leon
- London Symphony Orchestra
- Music BC, Peak Performance Project (102.7 Peak FM)
- Les Ballets Jazz de Montreal
- Carlos Acosta’s Tocororo
- Ballet BC
- Stuttgart Ballet (Germany)
- Rambert Dance Co. (London)
- Wayne McGregor’s Random Dance Co. (London)
- London West End musicals: Billy Elliot, Lion King, Chicago, and The Producers
- British Rally
- Expert surgeons, racing drivers, executives, lawyers, actors, pilots, among many others.
- Physiotherapist in Athletics at the 2004 Olympic Games (Athens) and the 2002 Commonwealth Games (Manchester) and Team Leader at the 2006 Torino Olympic Games.
- President of Healthy Dancer Canada. For several years I was the physiotherapist and lecturer in health & body conditioning for the Royal Ballet and Royal Ballet School (London, U.K.). I continue to work with pre-professional dancers (such as the Royal Ballet School, Arts Umbrella, Goh Ballet Academy, Richmond Academy of Dance, Pro-Arte, etc..). It is enormously important that young performers know how to communicate effectively about their health concerns, and hence a large part of my professional focus has been aimed towards improving the communication between educators, dancers, and health professionals. Furthermore, I have detailed knowledge of the issues pertaining to identifying appropriate clinicians and I have an extensive network of professionals.
- Member of Sport Physiotherapy Canada. I am a published contributing author to sports injuries textbooks for medical professionals and continue to write for professional journals As I honed my skills